june intention: create more time

So I want to start writing about my monthly intentions as a way to hold myself accountable. I figured if I put them out into the world and more people know, I will more frequently work on my goal.  I know we are almost a quarter of the way through June, but better late than never!

Continue Reading >june intention: create more time

So I want to start writing about my monthly intentions as a way to hold myself accountable. I figured if I put them out into the world and more people know, I will more frequently work on my goal.  I know we are pretty much half way through June, but better late than never!

I have noticed that when I get home at the end of the day that I spend a lot of time on my phone. Which is kind of a funny thing because I am not doing anything productive on my phone. Just mindlessly scrolling. I even don’t like admitting that since I REALLY hate wasting time! But here I am…scrolling, scrolling, scrolling. I find that I always have something that I want to do once I get home to unwind but by the time I look at the clock, it is pretty much time to go to bed.

This was happening since I got back from Arizona and it was getting on my nerves. I decided that it was time to make a conscious effort to put my phone down to open up time for the things that I want to do at home. For example, spend time with Mitch and Lux, work on my blog, or read.

In doing this, I realized that I am happier! Imagine that ha! I have opened an avenue up (again) to fit in things that bring peace into my life during the hectic work week. I tell you what, it is so so worth it.

So all during this month (and continuing on) I am going to put my phone down at home to make time for myself. I am hoping that working on this will make it a habit once July rolls around. If I do feel that my phone time is creeping back up again, I will gently remind myself to put it down and do something better for myself.

What are you working on this month? Let me know! πŸ™‚

14 Replies to “june intention: create more time”

1. Nancy Moon says:

So does this mean that if your mother texts you that you won’t reply???

1. Katie Moon says:

Ha! I will just reply a bit slower than usual! πŸ™‚

2. Jackie says:

I think I need to make a conscious effort to only look at my phone at certain times, or a certain number of times per day. It is so hard to do considering we are in the blogging world.

1. Katie Moon says:

I completely agree! It is tough but recognizing the amount of time spent on your phone and making an effort to put it down every once and a while is a good way to start! πŸ™‚

3. Marta Rivera says:

I think it’s great that you want to be accountable for your time! We all need to do this more intentionally.

1. Katie Moon says:

You are so welcome! It is so easy to get sucked into our phones! I am right there with you.

4. anna says:

YES to this!!! I was just looking at the clock and thinking about how much of the day has already gone by. I must make time to put my phone and all electronics down and just take a break.

1. Katie Moon says:

You got this! I hope taking a step away from your electronics will allow you to take more breaks in day to day life!

5. Jenn says:

This is brilliant and something I needed to hear as I start a new week! Well said momma!

6. Caleb says:

This is spot on!! I’m in the same boat. As much as I want to believe time on my phone is worthwhile, most often it’s time wasted :/ Working on similar challenges, and really appreciate your perspective here. Good luck moving forward! I love your blog…keep it up 😊

1. Katie Moon says:

Thank you so much! That really means a lot. I wish you the best of luck as well! I hope that we can all find more time for ourselves away from our phones to do things that will be more worthwhile! πŸ™‚