Hi friends! Sorry for the silence on the blog this past week. Mitch and I were relaxing in North Carolina celebrating a friend’s wedding which means spending time with people and not on the computer! Understandable right?
It was so peaceful and kind of strange not having anything planned…the complete opposite of how we usually arrange vacations. However, it allowed us to slow down and just enjoy going with the flow. We ate delicious food (NC BBQ is what’s up!). Walked on the beach at night. Saw a ridiculous shooting star. Hung out with friends. Had coffee next to the ocean every morning. Celebrated an adorable marriage. It was a great time! Take a peek at our week!
If you are traveling to Topsail or Surf City anytime soon, here are some of my recommendations:
- Shaka Taco: this little taco restaurant was a perfect stop for a quick lunch. The tacos were so good! Hands down the best fish taco I have ever had. Their BBQ pork taco was pretty good too.
- Daddy Mac’s Beach Grille: I had some tasty Mahi Mahi here! There is also a nice deck that is right on the beach.
- Inis Spa: an absolute must stop after a busy week. I had 90 minute massage and it was wonderful! They offer a myriad of other services as well!
- Sisters Organic Market: a little, cute grocery store with organic food offerings!
- Sugar Island Bakery & Supplies: adorable coffee shop and bakery FILLED with books. I had an oat milk latte (yum!) and Mitch had a mocha. Their pastries were also delicious!
I would like to hear everyone’s recommendations on all things North Carolina! Where are your favorite places to go? Places to eat? Places to hike? Places to relax? Let me know please!